Monday, March 2, 2009

Big Girl!

Isabelle is 4 months old today! It's hard to believe she's growing so quickly! I feel like the 4 month birthday is a kinda big one... closer to 6 months than newborn. She's such an awesome, fun, happy baby (most of the time). We are both so thankful to be her parents. Some highlights of life with Isabelle lately... She's smiling and laughing a ton. Every morning, she laughs and squeals when she wakes up & sees us. I don't know where she gets that - Ian and I definitely are not morning people! She loves to chat up all of her little buddies and tells them tons of stories. She's been rolling onto her side for a few weeks now and she just rolled onto her belly for the first time today! She found her feet recently, so grabbing onto them has really facilitated the rolling onto her side. She always seems to grab one foot and then flops over to that side. This week, she's started blowing raspberries, too. She cracks up when I do it back to her. Cute girl. :) Those are the biggest fun things she's been doing lately. She's also been showing a very strong preference to be held by Ian or I. Flattering and all, but it's been a little tough to have her freak out if someone else tries to hold her. We actually just went out with only adults for the first time since she was born. It was so hard to leave her because she was so, so upset. We're hoping to go to Midland for Easter and I'm nervous about how she'll be with everyone. I know Ian's family is so excited to see Isabelle and I'm worried they'll be hurt or disappointed if she doesn't go along with being held by everyone. Hopefully, she'll be a lovely, smiley angel like she is at home. I guess we'll see in a few weeks!

Oh - you may have noticed that she & her elephant have a different background this month. That's because her crib is in the middle of a little construction zone. Yes, we're FINALLY painting the nursery!! I'm SUPER excited to finally get it done! We've been working on it since Saturday, but it's been a little slow-going. Ian's oral board exams are coming up at the end of the month, so he hasn't had a lot of time to spare. He did take care of Izzy while he was studying last night, so I could work on the room. I just need to do the edging around the ceiling (I was hoping I could stall and Ian would just do it...) :) and do a second coat on 2 walls and I will be dunzo! I truly can't wait. I'm hoping that by this time tomorrow, the nursery painting project will officially be completed. We're getting the blinds for the rest of the house (Izzy's room plus the basement) installed on Friday, so her room really will be done very soon. I think it'll be just in time. We're planning to head back to Springfield again (we can't stay away!) because Aunt Cortney & Uncle Dave will be visiting next week. I think that should be enough time for the paint fumes to air out and then we'll be making the big shift of moving Isabelle to sleep in her room. Time is flying!

4 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Happy B-Day and Roll to Tummy Day Izzy! Ha! Hey, we have to celebrate all these things! Can't wait to see the finished nursery, I know it's going to be precious.

Heather said...

Aww... she's getting so big! You'll have to share pics of the nursery once it's finished!

Jill said...

I can't believe how big Izzy is! I am so sad we haven't seen her in so long. She is just so beautiful! I miss you guys and love ya'll. Hope you have fun in Springfield!

Cortney and Dave said...

We can't wait to see you soon and all of our beautiful nieces!! Love you much!