Thursday, February 26, 2009
Sweet Girls
This past weekend, we got to travel to Springfield again to visit with our sweet nieces... and their parents. :) It was Ian's first chance to meet Hannah, who turned one-month-old while we were there this weekend. She's growing so quickly! Apparently, Emma is turning out to be an awesome big sister - naturally. She loves the baby and is always concerned about where she is. Isabelle loves her cousin Emma, too. Izzy always smiles when Emma's around. Unfortunately, Izzy generally did not have a good visit this time around. Who knows about the mysterious ways of babies, but there was something that upset her about being at Kev & Mandy's. She was super-fussy all the time we spent there. Blah. BUT, Emma was the sweetest, most precious big cousin ever. Izzy has a little ducky she loves and a lovey blanket. Emma similarly has a lovey and stuffed animal she loves so. One night when Izzy was crying and crying, Emma brought Izzy's lovey to her. That didn't work, so then Emma brought Izzy her ducky. Throughout the visit, she also tried giving Izzy bottles and Hannah's paci. :) Basically, everything Emma finds comforting. Sweet girl! I'm so happy for Izzy that she has two wonderful Costello cousins who are so close to her in age. I hope they're always so sweet to each other. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I had to laugh reading this because Hannah was crying in the bassinet this evening and Emma went running up to it and threw her own binky into it! I'm so glad you guys came to visit and I'm confident Izzy will have an awesome visit next time...right?! :) Love you guys!
Sorry to hear you had a trying weekend with Izzy. For us, travel has always been hard. It's just a break in routine, and neither of my girls does too well with that!
Also, thanks for your encouraging comments. I am doing much better. I'll have to remember to commiserate with you next time we see each other!
Aww! That Emma is thoughtful! Our nieces are precious. I wish we could have seen all the girls together. Hopefully soon! Love to you all :)
hi mae and ian....
i am just stopping by to check out your entry. such a pleasure to read =) izzy is beautiful.
take care....
Post a Comment