Monday, March 30, 2009

Not Me! Monday -- Stellan Style!

MckMama's sweet baby boy is not doing well. I actually just began reading her blog about a week ago when I wrote my first Not Me! Monday post. It was just after her MckMiracle baby was admitted to the hospital for SVT. It has been a long, long week for their family. This Not Me! Monday post is dedicated to sweet Stellan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have NOT been thinking about that baby boy constantly since hearing his story.

I do NOT feel such a strong connection to this family and baby, even though we have never met and I have only just started reading her blog.

Like Heather said, I do NOT think of sweet Stellan every time I hold my baby, who is almost the exact same age as Stellan. I also did NOT get choked up reading the post announcing his healthy birth when I realized he was born 3 days before Izzie, was the exact same length, and weighed only .9 ounces more than her. And I did NOT just get choked up writing that. And my heart does NOT ache for MckMama every time my healthy baby jumps, laughs and smiles at me.

I have NOT been hounding Ian with questions about cardiac pathology and what does XYZ mean and what are the implications and pros and cons and on and on... I also have NOT talked so much about this baby boy that Ian thought he was the son of a friend from my moms' group.

I have NOT been checking MckMama's Tweets and blog on my phone before I go to bed at night, first thing when I wake up, and about every hour in between. I have NOT been filled with worry every time I check and desperately pray that he will be healed.

There are so many things I have NOT done this week. I also have NOT been amazed and touched to see the number of people writing words of encouragement on MckMama's blog and wondered how many other people like me are out there, praying so much for this family, but haven't written to say so. I also have NOT been inspired by the number of people who have been moved to prayer, turned to God, and treasured their families more dearly because of poor Stellan's struggle. I have NOT been afraid that this was Stellan's mission on this Earth and I have not fervently hoped there is still a great amount of work for this boy to do.

Please keep Stellen and the entire Mck family in your thoughts and prayers.


Prayers for Stellan

2 comments:

Heather said...

So true, Mae. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one CRAZY attached to this baby boy. There are reasons behind everything, and I am beginning to see that very clearly. Great post!

Give Izzy a HUGE hug tonight!

Mrs. Cline said...

Thank you for blessing MckMama and Stellan with your NMM!

Natalie