Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We're Moving!

I'm sure for any of you who know us, that sounds like it's time for our annual move, right? Not this time! Thankfully, this move is only in cyberspace. We are quite happily staying put in our Kansas home. I've recently been giving the future of our blog a lot of thought. When I started blogging, I really intended it as a way to keep in touch with family and friends after we moved from Chicago to Charlotte. It never crossed my mind that anyone else would ever happen across our blog - or be interested in reading it. As I've noticed I'm getting more readers (yay!), it has made me think more about privacy. My other concern is that the practice & hospital have been doing a fair bit of advertising for Ian (yay, again!) and I want to be sure that no one looking for information on their potential surgeon stumbles across my little blog. Not that I talk about how crazy Ian is or anything... It's just not what this blog is about and, honestly, Ian is very uninvolved with this. (We talked about it yesterday and he said he couldn't even remember the last time he read it.)

SO... for these reasons, I've decided to move our blog to a new home, whose address doesn't involve our names: growingkumquats.blogspot.com. On this new blog, I will not refer to Isabelle, Ian or I by name. That way, I can continue to post candid thoughts and reflections, but still maintain some privacy.

The best thing about this is that we finally have a move that involves no boxes or packing whatsoever!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my... you just gave me a small heart attack!

OK, I am calm again...

Mae said...

Sorry! I promise that if we ever (God forbid) do move again, I'll tell you in a more personal way first. :)