
It's Friday, which I still love, even though I don't have a regular job anymore. I thought I'd participate in Noob Mommy's Happy Friday fun. There have been some things that have made me very sad this week, so I'm hoping this will help me focus on the positive.
- We finally got the rest of the blinds for our house installed!! No more paper shades for us. We're classy now. :)
- I finished painting the baby's bathroom. (Really, I'm kinda bummed I haven't finished painting her room, but at least I did finish the little bathroom nook, so that's something!)
- The weather is GORGEOUS!! Record highs yesterday and 75 today. I'm loving it. As my friend, Heather, said, if we were still in Chicago, we'd be looking forward to a couple more months of icky weather.
- We found out Ian will be off for Easter, so we'll be able to go visit Ian's family & the bazillion Filipino friends in Midland who are excited to meet the baby.
- Isabelle is taking a real nap this morning. Lately, she's been snoozing for about 15 minutes at a time and only if I was holding her. Right now, she's sleeping soundly in her swing.
- Speaking of sleeping, the baby girl is consistently sleeping until about 6:30 - 7 every morning. Hooray!
- I'm planning on going to a Girls' Night Out tomorrow with some ladies from my moms' group. I've had scheduling conflicts with all the other GNO's so far and I'm really looking forward to finally getting to go. (Hoping I didn't just jinx myself... Ian's on call this weekend, so I can go as long as he's home to take care of Izzie.)
6 comments:
Hi there, I came across your blog from Noob Mommy's Happy Friday post. I thought it was so funny that we wrote about very similar things. The painting and the window treatments! After reading your Happy Friday post it reminded me that I'm also happy about the record highs we have had in Wichita, Kansas. I'm going to update that now! Happy Friday!
Whoa... small world! Looks like Ashley is among us! :) Glad t hear you are making progress on home improvements. I dread things like that. I am so sad I won't be able to go to GNO- Maragarita's was interesting (to say the least) last time we went as a group! I'll make sure to go next time!
Wow, that is a small world! How funny. Thanks, Noob Mommy! :)
Hi Mae, you know what's funny? I didn't realize you were in Wichita because I just went straight to your Happy Friday post via Noob Mommy. It is a small world! Nope, I'm Korean. I also heart half-Asian babies! :D Isabelle is a cutie and so tiny! You have so much to look forward to!
I generally try to focus on the postitive, but it can be hard. I am glad your Friday has ended up happy! I miss you and it is killing me that we haven't seen Izzy in so long!
Wow! So glad the Happy Friday post has connected a bunch of us mom bloggers in this small world! Grats on the baby sleeping at night. That is such a huge achievement, and it allows us crazy moms to recharge as well. TGIF to you!
Post a Comment