Friday, April 11, 2008

Winding Down

It's crazy to think that I only have about a month left to work here! Where on earth has this year gone? In some ways, it's hard to remember before I was working, but that might just be because my brain is tired and fuzzy. :) I decided to quit working a couple months before we move for a number of reasons... Three of the big ones are:
  1. My work stopped giving us gas cards and it just cost me $50 to fill up my little Jetta today! I just really don't make enough there to justify my 100-mile round-trip commute 3 days/week.
  2. We need to find a place to live! My work isn't so friendly about taking time off, so I figured the easiest thing is just to quit and then have plenty of time to find somewhere to live.
  3. There's so much I'd like to do here before we move. Work is really getting in my way. :) Really, everything has worked out quite nicely. I had all of the summer and early fall off last year and then worked through the "winter" (I can't even really call it winter here). Now I'm quitting as soon as the weather is perfect again. Not a bad life, I have to say. :)

So, I'm looking forward to returning to my life of luxury soon. There's also so much I'd like to do at work and with my clients before I leave. That's going to be tough. I just sent out my therapy schedule for the rest of my time here. Weird. It's going to be a busy month! There are several kids that I feel like we're getting pretty close to time to terminate therapy anyway, so I'm going to be doing a lot of assessing and trying to figure out who will be ready to quit when I leave and who will be better off continuing with the new therapist. There's a lot still to do! We interviewed a woman last week that I think would be really fantastic for them. She's got boatloads more experience than I do and I really think she could help bring things to the next level at my site. I hope they end up hiring her. We'll see!

In other news, Ian & I are heading up to Asheville next weekend to hang out with Joe & Jill and do the whole Biltmore thing. It should be lots of fun. We're very excited!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: