Mae has, as usual, outdone me when it comes to keeping you informed on most of our doings. However, as I peruse the last 20 entries, I realize that she hasn't written about this nugget:
We're going to have a baby in October!!
Obviously, we're overcome with joy to be so blessed to bring the next member of the Villanuueva-Costello clan into the world. If you're just finding out, you're not too far out of the loop. Mae just mass emailed almost everyone we know with the news, so if you didn't get one of these emails, by all means update us with your email address!
As if this wasn't enough maturity being forced upon us, we also face the following life-changing events in the next months: signing on to be the 1st fellowship trained bariatric surgeon in Wichita, qualifying for a mortgage, looking for a new house in Wichita, finishing my fellowship here in Charlotte, moving to Wichita, establishing a private surgical practice, and finally, having our first child.
Now, you're all caught up. Leave it to a surgeon to summarize life in a single (albeit, run-on) sentence.
2 comments:
Dude. That's all I got to say. I was going to try to make some comparison that having a newborn can be just as sleep-depriving but I figured a) it's not really a good comparison and b)that wouldn't be very comforting given your current situation :) I love you guys and can't wait to be Aunt Mandy!
Hey, I read the cliff's notes version of your blog. Good stuff. You lead a busy life my friend. Husband, work, golf, travel and a new baby on the way, unfortunately something's gotta go to maintain balance. Being a new dad myself, I know. I actually sacrificed going to the gym. Granted it was only 1 time a year, but you shouldn't quantify family time. Congrats to you and Mae!
Post a Comment