Thursday, April 24, 2008
Do All Dogs Really Go To Heaven?
I sure hope so. Yesterday was a terrible day! On my clinical days, I work in a little rural town about 50 miles or so away from Charlotte. For some reason, there are a lot of stray dogs running around this town. It's not uncommon for them to run out in the road and I've had some near-misses in the past several months. Yesterday, unfortunately, was not a near-miss. A big black dog ran out right in front of my car when I was just coming into town from the highway, so I was going too fast to be able to stop in time... Plus, there were some other cars behind me and I really didn't want them to hit me, too. That darn dog was not a very fast runner and I hit it. :( I paged Ian - who was operating, of course - sobbing and told him I killed a dog. He was very sweet and soothing, especially considering he was in the OR with tons of people around and a couple other things on his mind than his hysterical, pregnant wife. :) I was still crying when I got to work and was quickly reminded how different folks in the country often view the death of animals. They were all relieved when I told them what happened, because they were concerned "something bad" had happened. They actually were the ones who pointed out that my car was a little smashed up. I hadn't even noticed it! Yuck. I was very nervous driving to work today... I made it, though. I'm sure hoping today's a better day... and that the poor dog is in a better place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Mae! That must have really sucked! I am pretty sure that all dogs really do go to Heaven. I hope the rest of your day gets better :)
Post a Comment