I Love My Baby
Today has been such a nice day! Since we found out Isabelle gained 6 ounces and is now well on her way to getting back to her birth weight within the expected time frame, Ian and I decided that we're going to go back to feeding on demand. We have been feeding her every 2 hours, whether or not she was awake. Let me tell you, it just feels wrong to wak
e up a soundly sleeping baby in the middle of the night. It really was not good for anyone's morale. So, now we're going to wait for her to tell us when she's hungry and feed her until she's full. Apparently, she's more of a cluster-feeder. The girl will take in a ton and then sleep for several hours. From last night to this morning, I only had to get up with her three times. She woke up again around 11 am and stayed awake until about 2:30. It was really nice! I have to say, I loved the consecutive hours of sleep and it was really fun to have so much time today when she was awake and alert. I haven't been around m
any newborns, I guess, because I honestly didn't realize they were that alert. My impression has been that they're basically little lumps of cuddliness for a while. She's much more engaging than I thought she'd be at this stage. Ian went back to work on Monday, so it's just been the two of us during the day yesterday and today. I'm sure she won't always be such a fabulously easy baby, but I will always be thankful to her for taking it easy on her mommy for these first few days!
2 comments:
Sweet baby girl! I can not wait to get my hands on her and give her kissies. PS, sounds like uncle kevin might be able to make an appearance this weekend too!!
Hooray!!! I'll tell the baby girl the good news! Ian's already discovered she likes to be zoomed around, so I think a visit from Uncle Kevin would be a thrill for her. :)
Post a Comment