Wow... what a crazy few weeks it's been! I feel like I was a little more on top of things the first week after Isabelle was born than I've been in the couple weeks since. I guess all that sleep deprivation piles up after a while. I've missed having Ian at home all the time, too. The poor guy had a very rough weekend of call the weekend after we brought Isabelle home. He's giving a presentation tonight, so this week he's been very busy trying to get ready for it. I'm hoping things will settle down for him a bit soon, so he can have a little more time to spend with his baby girl that isn't a middle-of-the-night feeding. She's a sweet girl all the time, but it is easier to love her when it isn't 3 am. Thankfully, I've had a lot of family & friend help since Ian went back to work! My brother, Kevin, & his family came down last weekend to meet Miss Isabelle. Mandy was excited to finally meet the baby, after she spent a week here waiting for the girl to make her appearance. It was fun to introduce Isabelle to her big cousin, Emma. Emma was precious (as always) and waved at Isabelle and said "baby" and then went off to chase the kitty. :) Another sister-in-law, Jill, came on Saturday and is staying with us through Thanksgiving. It has been such a life-saver to have another pair of hands around (and someone who is actually motivated to clean the kitchen or do the laundry!). We've been getting meals delivered by members of my moms' group this week, so that has been wonderful, too. It really leaves very little for me to do... except for that whole baby thing. :) It truly is wonderful to be able to focus on her so much. It's so amazing to watch all of her little facial expressions or see her looking around at things. She loves to stare at the quilt above he
r changing table. She's growing well now. We had her 2-week follow-up on Wednesday and she's now 4 oz. above her birth weight (which was 6 lbs. 10 oz.). The goal was for her to be at birth weight by then, so we were really happy to hear she'd gained a little more. She's grown, too. She's now 20 1/4" long! What a big girl! :)It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only 1 week from today! My family is going to spend the holiday with us and it'll be the first time for most folks to meet Isabelle. We're so excited to have them here! I'm also super-thankful that Jill is here now to help me get ready for all the visitors & cooking a big meal. (Although, for the record, the family has been informed that I'll provide the house & baby, but they're responsible for the actual cooking!) ;) Hope you all have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment