Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Still Waiting...

It is now Day 7 of our 5-day window during which the OB really expected we would have the baby. I do have an appointment this afternoon, so we'll see if there's been any progress. I'll be sure to keep you all posted! My sister-in-law, Mandy, is still here - doing a fabulous job of keeping me company and my morale up. :) I'm sure the poor girl is bored to tears. I haven't been sleeping well/much at all, so I haven't felt so up to doing much beyond walking in the neighborhood. How have we been passing our time? With Halloween neighborhood fun & games! The other night, someone rang the doorbell, but when I went to answer the door no one was there. Instead, I found a little garbage-bag ghost, bag of candy and a note similar to this one. Naturally, Mandy & I couldn't pass up playing the game. In fact, we decided we could make a WAY better BOO ghost than the one we received... a BOO anyone would be proud to hang in a tree in their front yard. :) We spent a surprisingly big chunk of the afternoon making these two fabulous BOO's and re-doing the note. As Ian said, we must have a lot of time on our hands. He really wanted nothing to do with the BOO's and felt quite sure someone would send the police after us for playing pranks on the neighbors. It was pretty hilarious to imagine the police chasing two little prego's (Mandy is 27 wks) running/waddling down the street trying to make our big getaway. (Although, I say, anything that involves people leaving chocolate on my doorstep is not a prank - it's a gift from heaven!) In the end, Ian decided he couldn't risk having a pregnant lady falling during the escape on his conscience, so he was awesome and did the dirty work for us. I have to say, I don't know that I've ever seen him run so fast. Good times! We've decided that if the baby doesn't come today, we're going to carve pumpkins. Please hurry, baby!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am glad you two are having fun! I am sure it is good to get your mind off of things- even if it is just for a little while! Let us know how your appointment goes ;)

Unknown said...

hang in there Mae :)