Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slow Progress

I just wanted to give you all a little update... After last week's excitement, things have slowed down quite a bit. Since we're not at full-term until Sunday, that's a good thing! The excitement last week ended up with us going to the hospital on Saturday because we thought there was a chance my water had broken, but really weren't sure. Turns out, everything was fine. It was a relief to have someone tell me that, though. Since the news on Wednesday & Thursday was such a sudden surprise, I kinda went into overdrive for a few days. Ian & I did some last-minute baby-prep cramming and I was feeling hyper-aware of every little thing going on with me. So, it was very reassuring to find out the baby wasn't going to come any minute. Since then, I've been WAY calmer and, surprisingly enough, had many fewer contractions. Funny how that works. I've really done very little this week, since the doc recommended keeping the activities to a minimum until we hit that magical 37 week mark. I had my weekly OB appointment today and found out we're at about 3.5 cm now, which the doctor said is a good, normal amount of progress in a week for a first pregnancy. If it keeps at that rate & we can make it a couple more weeks, I should be in pretty great shape once the baby does decide to come for real.

We're running out of letters already! I'm getting nervous that one of you is going to guess the baby's name. ;) We do have enough left to make it a couple more weeks, so we'll see! Here's your letter for this week... S! Don't forget that the letters are for the baby's first AND middle names, so "Zaileen" could still be in the running, Kit. :) You'd just have to work all the other letters into her middle name.

3 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Well, progress is progress. I'm glad things are going at a "good" pace and that you are doing well. Still can't wait to meet her. I must say, I'm bummed that Bertha Camile is out of the running.

Mae said...

We'll have to keep that name in mind for the next time around. :)

Heather said...

Your "S" threw me off... I was thinking some combination of Claire and Abigail! :)