Sunday, October 19, 2008
Full-Term Day!
As of today, I am 37 weeks pregnant, which means the baby is now full-term! That means that if she were born today, her lungs should be fully mature and she should be fine breathing on her own. Hooray! Since we heard I'd started dilating, today's the day we've been aiming to make it to. Naturally, it'll probably be best for her if she can hang out for at least another week or so, but I'm also happy that I can start hoping for her to come soon guilt-free. :) Although, it would be really thoughtful of her if she could make sure to wait until at least tomorrow night, since Ian has his first gastric bypass scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'm sure the patient would be thankful, too. :) I really hope she doesn't wait until Nov. 9, though! That sounds like a VERY long time from now! I'm glad, too, that I'll be able to be a little more active now. I've really tried hard to follow the doctor's directions and keep the activity to a minimum for the past couple weeks. I have to say, I'm a little bored. I think it's been good to get some rest, but still... So, that's the news for today. We'll keep you all posted on any developments!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay, baby girl should be healthy and welcome to come anytime! Can't wait to see her sweet face. If I were a betting gal, I'd guess that she'll be born on Friday. Just a hunch. Love you!
That would be interesting! Friday's the due date I made up back in March when the ultrasound moved it from 10/9 to 11/9. :)
November 7th sounds like a fantastic day :)
It is a fantastic day... but it sure sounds awfully far away! :)
Post a Comment