Friday, October 10, 2008

Busy Baby

So, it's been an eventful few days. We're on the clock! At my weekly OB appointment on Wednesday, I found out that the baby is head down, engaged, ready to go and I am dilated almost 3 cm. So, it's not at all uncommon for women to spend weeks at that state, but it certainly was a big shock to the system and reality check to realize that all of this is truly coming soon. The other big part of the prediction puzzle is effacement. My doc didn't mention anything about that, so I called yesterday to check what that is... 80%. Yikes! I was expecting it to be something like 10%. So, it still could be a few weeks, but probably won't be. So, that's our news for now. We'll post as things develop (within reason, of course). Since it looks like we'll be early, I'm giving you TWO baby name letters this week! Bonus! :) The letters are I and L. And yes, Mandy, Bertha Camille is still possible!

3 comments:

Jill said...

We hope you are doing much relaxing! We can't wait for her to get here :)

Unknown said...

Eric and I came up with a couple names using most of the letters:

Elizabeth
Caroline

Ian said...

I like Elizabeth Caroline... we'll have to use that one for the next girl!