Sunday, October 26, 2008
38 Weeks & Counting...
I think this has been the longest week ever. Actually, I think the 5 days from Wednesday to today have been the longest week ever. I kinda wish this whole dilating thing had never started so early. Ever since then, it feels like I've totally been on edge... I really was perfectly content to wait until 40 weeks before expecting the baby to come. It's only been since it seemed like we were on the verge of something happening that I've been anxious to get things going. This week has been especially that way, since the doctor fully expected I'd deliver before the weekend. She said that in her experience, women at my stage usually deliver within 5 days and that she expected she'd see us within the next couple days. Here we are - day 5 - and nothing. Boo. (Side note - I don't mean to say anything bad about my OB. She's AWESOME and I truly feel so blessed that we happened to end up with her. This is just such an unpredictable thing, especially for 1st-time mothers.) It's been especially frustrating because my fantastic brother & his family [not to say the others aren't fantastic... :)] happened to be able to come to Wichita this weekend & my sister-in-law was able to take off work for most of next week to help with the baby. Knowing that she would be around really helped alleviate a lot of nerves for Ian & I. We weren't sure if they should plan to come down if the baby hadn't actually been born yet, but schedules wouldn't work out quite as well in the next few weeks and we were all pretty confident she'd be here by the end of the weekend, at least. Apparently not. So, Kevin & Emma went home today and Mandy is hanging out with me until Thursday. Hopefully we'll have a baby by then. I have a sad feeling I'll go into labor as soon as Mandy gets home. :) We'll see. So that's the big, no-news update for now. My word for today is BOO and it's not because of Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't waiting the worst? I remember that when I was pregnant with Addie- those last few weeks are SO hard! Especially for you, I would imagine, since they went and got your hopes up! ;) Hang in there, glad to know you have some company, and let me know if there is anything you need. I know it sounds impossible, but try to relax and rest and do some things for yourself- read, take a bubble bath, get a massage... all while you still can!
Glad you have some company and someone is there in case Ian isn't! We love you and you are in out thoughts and prayers! Hang in there!
Post a Comment