We had our ultrasound on Friday and... IT'S A GIRL!!

We found out we were pregnant on a Saturday night. Earlier that week, we'd been watching that Wayne Brady show, "Don't Forget the Lyrics" (actually, that's the only time I've ever seen the show). Boyz II Men were on and one of the songs they had was Stevie Wonder's Isn't She Lovely? (Here's a clip from the actual show, but unfortunately, it skips the part when they're singing...
Anyway, we heard the song again several times over the next couple weeks (at my cousin's wedding, etc., etc.), which seemed like a sign that the baby was a girl. When we found out, we both immediately thought it was a girl. I have to stay that Ian has been steadfast in that belief... I, on the other hand, have changed my mind back and forth at least once a week since then. :) He was right! (As were Uncle Kevin and Tita Kit, who I think were the only other ones who told me they thought it was a girl.)
The ultrasound was the most amazing experience ever. I had no idea we'd be able to see so much so clearly. For whatever reason, I've never been able to see much on other people's ultrasound pics, but everything the tech was showing us seemed to be clear as day. Everything looks good and the baby seems very healthy. We're so excited to be having a girl (although we probably would have been just as excited about a boy, really). I'm glad we found out. It was definitely the right choice for me. I'm looking forward to the baby girl growing up with 2 cousins just a year older than she is and I hope they'll all be friends!
3 comments:
Yay, bring on the pink! We're so excited and can't wait to meet her!
I printed out the ultrasound pics and have been asking everyone "Have you seen the pictures of my granddaughter?". Of course "daughter" makes them think "Emma's last pics". Then I get to straighten them out and show off our other Baby Girl. You know there is an old song from West Side Story (I'm so pretty...) Of course in another musical Suzie Wong made famous "I Love Being A Girl". Ok, ok I'll stop already.
Your site is great, I love BoyzIIMen! You are the coolest! You look great, love the pics. And of course I love the dress, smile! you know me, fashion police!
Subrina
Post a Comment