Back to My Life of Leisure
So, I'm now in my 6th day of my life of leisure (that doesn't include days spent traveling or actively preparing for the next trip). I have to say, I truly have no idea where the time goes! I've decided that since I'm pregnant, everything takes more effort and more time to get done, but still. I had grand plans to have our whole place clean for real (I'm talking super-Spring cleaning, not just the regular kind we've been faking our way through for the past few months) by the end of the week. Umm, that's tomorrow. Don't think that's going to happen. Instead, I've done a fair bit (OK, a ton) of pretend online shopping to try to figure out what it's going to take to furnish our new house. (I forgot to include a link to pics in the last post. Here's one pf the builder's from about 1 yr ago and here's a link to ours.)
I told Ian that I think $150 million ought to do it. :) That's been fun, but a little overwhelming. I like the idea of decorating, but this is a lot! Especially compared to our previous apartments, which were already taken care of courtesy of IKEA. We've decided it would be awesome to buy some furniture that we don't have to assemble. Or, if we do have to assemble some, at least furniture without a piece of cardboard as the back. Yes, we're very fancy now.
Speaking of fancy, Ian and I went to the prom this past weekend! Well, not a real one. His
department is celebrating its 10th anniversary, so someone held a black-tie gala to celebrate. We've been referring to it as the prom for months now. It was a lot of fun. I was able to borrow a dress from Naomi, so Ian's tux was all we had to worry about. His friends said that he's a "sharp dressed man," which we thought was pretty hilarious, since that's one of his favorite Guitar Hero songs. :) One blessing about maternity clothes... I have to say that's really the most comfortable I've ever been at a formal event!
So, I guess maybe I should really get to doing some cleaning. There's a big pile of laundry waiting for my love and attention!
3 comments:
The leisure life isn't always so leisurely. Good luck with all the shopping. You both look so great! I'm glad the photographer captured this shot before the tsunami hit
p.s. kevin thought i should explain that my comment is directed at the backdrop behind you. :)
That backdrop is hilarious! You guys, however, do look fabulous. So happy! Mandy is right too the life of leisure is usually more busy!
Post a Comment