Long time no blog! I've said for a while that it feels like life has been moving at a sprinting-pace since I started working in October. Somehow, it feels like that pace has at least doubled since the holidays. Blogging, unfortunately, has been one of the many things to fall by the wayside (along with cleaning my house, leisure time, general sanity, and all those other little things in life...). So, here's a general update on our lives in the past 2 months or so:
- Christmas was FABULOUS! Two of my brothers, two sisters-in-law, and one baby Emma came to visit. We had such a good time. I really feel lucky to have such a wonderful family. I think a lot of families might not be able to squeeze six adults and a baby into a 2-bedroom home for a week without killing each other, let alone having a wonderful time. :) We miss you guys!
- The same day my family left, Ian and I flew to Las Vegas to meet up with
his family for New Year's. That was a lot of fun, too. New Year on the strip was incredible. They shoot off fireworks from tons of locations. It really was amazing to stand in the middle of Las Vegas Blvd. and have fireworks going off in every direction.
- The next week, Ian and I went to Wichita, KS, for a job interview. It looks like this may end up to be the job for us. It's a pretty amazing professional opportunity for Ian and - even though it's not St. Louis - Wichita does seem like it could be a good fit for us... at least for now. Ian's supposed to have the contract by the end of this week. More than anything, I'm excited at the prospect of having everything settled. Right now, I'm just crossing my fingers until everything is signed and done.
- The next few weeks were filled with cramming and a moderate level of panic leading up to...
- The American College Counseling Association's national conference was this weekend and I gave a presentation on the work I did for my master's project at DePaul. The presentation was for career counselors about educating student about career options in socially responsible organizations. It went really well. I'm so glad to have it over with... I've been nervous about this since last April. That's a long time to worry about something!
2 comments:
We heard about your conference and are so proud of you! How exciting! We really should try to meet up soon. We miss you guys and are glad to hear things are going so well. Love ya!
Congrats on a successful conference! I know you were awesome. We miss you and can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment