It's hard to believe that it's Christmastime already. It seems like we just moved to Charlotte. We're actually getting close to the half-way mark in our time here. I have to say that Charlotte is starting to grow on me. If it weren't for the facts that our families are so far away and Ian has a non-compete clause in his contract that prevents him from working here later, I could see us considering staying here long-term. I guess those are some significant hurdles. I recently decided that Charlotte has the perfect climate. When we lived in Houston, I really missed having seasons. Charlotte has 4 distinct seasons, but the winter doesn't get too cold. It's really just cold enough to feel like it's winter without all of fuss of shoveling snow, scraping the car every morning, and generally freezing your tail off. It's a very pretty place - lots of trees and hills and curvy roads. I get to drive through farm country on my commute 3 days/week and I like seeing all the pastures and cotton fields. Even if we won't be here forever, it's nice to spend this year here. I'm looking forward to sharing everything with my family when they come!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Ready for Christmas!
It's hard to believe that it's Christmastime already. It seems like we just moved to Charlotte. We're actually getting close to the half-way mark in our time here. I have to say that Charlotte is starting to grow on me. If it weren't for the facts that our families are so far away and Ian has a non-compete clause in his contract that prevents him from working here later, I could see us considering staying here long-term. I guess those are some significant hurdles. I recently decided that Charlotte has the perfect climate. When we lived in Houston, I really missed having seasons. Charlotte has 4 distinct seasons, but the winter doesn't get too cold. It's really just cold enough to feel like it's winter without all of fuss of shoveling snow, scraping the car every morning, and generally freezing your tail off. It's a very pretty place - lots of trees and hills and curvy roads. I get to drive through farm country on my commute 3 days/week and I like seeing all the pastures and cotton fields. Even if we won't be here forever, it's nice to spend this year here. I'm looking forward to sharing everything with my family when they come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok, I am retarted becuase I'm sitting here looking at your picture and thinking, "What do you mean there isn't a stocking for Ian? I see the "E" stocking and Ian starts with the letter E so... oh wait, crap!" Apparently, I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader. Can't wait to see you guys next week!!!!!
Post a Comment