I just got home from my second golf lesson. It's going pretty well so far. Ian seems pleasantly surprised. :) My instructor is the guy who owns the facility, so that's exciting. I'm taking group lessons that are supposed to be no more than 7 people. We had 6 in our first class, but there were only 3 of us there today. It's a pretty sweet deal... not all that expensive and a fair bit of individual attention. So far we've covered putting and chipping. We're doing pitching next week and then full-swing for the last week. Hopefully they'll keep going well. Ian and I stayed around for about 2 hours after my class to keep practicing. I'm going to get together with one of the ladies in my class later this week to practice together. Golf study group. :) It's been fun. I'm excited to learn enough to be able to actually go to a course and try things out. We'll see how it goes then.
I'm still trying to figure out what to do for work this year. I'm looking for full-time or part-time counseling jobs, but I'm trying to keep my options open. I just interviewed for a job at an independent bookstore not far from where we live. I figured that if working as a counselor doesn't work out, I could always work somewhere else part-time and maybe do a lot of volunteer work to get some social services experiences. I've found a couple places that might be good options for volunteering. We'll see, though. I still have some sorting out to do.
The biggest news is that we're eagerly awaiting the birth of our first niece, Emma Elizabeth Costello. My sister-in-law, Mandy, is due in a few weeks, but she's been put on bed rest after spending a couple days in the hospital for observation because of high blood pressure. Mandy's hoping Emma will come soon. I don't blame her. :) My brother, Kevin, is in nursing school and his schedule is pretty crazy. I'm sure they'll need lots of support both now and after Emma makes her grand entrance. Please send your prayers and positive thoughts their way!
September in Charlotte means that it's time for Charlotte Shout, a month-long celebration of arts, food and music. Ian and I are heading down to Blues, Brews and BBQ tonight to check things out and eat some great BBQ. I'm excited to see what it's all about. Should be a good time!
1 comment:
I'm glad to see someone else is counting down the days (or maybe hours) besides me. I can officially say being on bed rest is the worst thing ever. Not so much becuase I can't get up and do anything, but because it feels like time wasted. I don't even feel motivated to get showered and dressed because I figure, "What's the point? I'm not going anywhere today." I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for a biophysical profile and exam and I am hoping, hoping, hoping we will tell me I can induce. But, I know he probably won't unless something looks bad. I feel fine other than just physically uncomfortable. It's alot harder to sleep at night and to find comfortable positions. Having to go on leave early kinda screws up potential Christmas plans. I'm going to try and stop by my work tomorrow while I'm out and talk to them about it. So, as of now, I'm due to return sometime the first week of December. We'll see...
Hope all is well with you guys. I love and miss you both. Talk to ya soon!!
Post a Comment