Sunday, January 4, 2009

Two Months!

It's hard to believe, but the baby girl is two months old already! I'm not sure if "two months old" means 8 weeks or two calendar months after she was born, but she now has both of these covered. She's really doing great. She's grown so much! She's about 10 lbs now. Here are a couple pictures that give an idea of how much she's grown. The first one with the giant elephant (from her titas!) was taken when she was just over a week old. The second one was taken last week, at the 8-week mark. What a big girl! She's going to make that elephant look little in no time!

This week was the first one with just the little family for quite a while.
It's been kinda fun for Ian and I both to have more one-on-one time with Isabelle. We've mostly been taking turns with her as we've worked on cleaning the house after our months of visitors. :) Today, we went to a brunch at church and met some new folks... and learned that there really are other Filipinos in Wichita! We met one Filipina and she told us of others... We'll see. We've been officially invited to the Valentine's Day party. While we were eating, this lady came up to us and said she'd been watching Isabelle since we first brought her to Mass. She said she couldn't believe how much she'd grown - she was just a tiny little ball the first time she saw her. Today, she looked like such a big girl. She really was the hit of the brunch. There really hasn't been a day we've gone to church and not had some stranger stop us and ask about her. Such a popular girl!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Mae, I love the new background! I can't believe how big Isabelle is getting. Hope to see you all soon!

Three Gals and a Guy said...

My goodness, that little girl is growing fast! I can't wait to see her again and give her kissies!

Jill said...

I can't believe how much she has grown!!! Here smile is so beautiful! Joe and I both oooed and ahhed over that picture! She is so sweet and we can't wait to see her again soon! Oh! You guys too!