New Look
So, I'm a little bummed about my blog. I learned a couple months ago that it's possible to customize blogger templates, so I decided to give that a whirl. Never one to do things the easy way, I ended up spending HOURS one day fiddling with HTML codes and made a new template. Suddenly, every blog I saw had fabulous templates that were WAY cuter than mine. Boo. So, I've dumped my homemade template in favor of a fancy one. The other thing that's a bit of a bummer is that I'm totally obsessed with one particular design... the one my sister-in-law, Jill, already has on her blog! I love you, but darn you, Jill, for getting it first! :) The good thing about using pre-set templates is that it won't be as big a deal to change it, so I don't have to commit to one forever. So, this is our new look for now. I thought the dark background would be good for the pictures of the baby girl. Hope you like it! :)
7 comments:
Love that little grin! Can't wait to see her and kiss her face off
Does it matter that some people (including me) read this through the RSS feed, and thus all your hard work on the templates is lost on us?
Or is that even more depressing?
Oh, it looks great! I totally feel you- I really love my friend Erin's template, but she had it first!
I'm sorry! I saw one that looked similar that I almost picked. Hopefully you won't hold it against me. I love your new layout and love you too!
John, I've been giving this some thought. In general, it is more depressing. :) I'm taking solace in my hope (i.e. stereotype) that those who are techie enough to read this through the RSS feed (and feel satisfied with that format) might be less oriented towards the design aspect and wouldn't appreciate all my beautiful templates as much anyway. ;)
I'm glad you've considered this issue, given its importance...
I do have to click through to comment, and the layout is impressive.
Post a Comment