Sunday, September 7, 2008

Heads or Tails?

It's hard to believe how quickly our due date is approaching! I'm starting to freak out a bit because I feel like we are so not ready. I know that we're not going to have the house completely furnished before she comes, but it would be really nice to have it a bit further along than it is now. I'm getting tired of our "sofa" (aka air mattress). In real life, it's all coming along and we have some plans in place that will help us get everything ready. It just all takes time and it's getting harder to be patient. I was thinking earlier today that if we were still using our original due date, we'd be expecting our little one within the month. Yikes! I'm so thankful that ended up not to be accurate. We do have a lot of the immediate necessities (thank you, Midland shower hostesses!)... plus, the crib arrived earlier this week (thank you, Lola!). I know we don't need it right away, but it'll make the nursery feel a little more "ready."

I'm growing very quickly! Here's a picture from the wedding we went to last weekend.
It's an awkward pose - I didn't have time to figure out how to squeeze myself in properly before the pic was taken - but it is a good belly shot. The other day, I was eating dinner and tried to lean forward and couldn't. It was weird - there was something blocking me from bending forward at all. I felt the top of my belly and there was a very distinct, very hard, round thing on the right side by my ribs. I'm not sure if it was a head or a bum (I think head), but it was definitely some end of the baby. I was just saying to my sister-in-law last week that I've never understood how people could say, "Oh, here's the baby's head." I'd just felt harder spots on my belly, but nothing I could identify at all. Now I get it. Today there was a kick that was definitely some limb. I still haven't figured out the heads and tails of everything - butt or head? arm or leg? - but it's very interesting to have a clearer mental picture of what's going on in there!

1 comment:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

How fun. Sometimes Emma would be shoving her rump (or head?) into my ribs and if I pushed on her she would move down! I'm so excited that time is drawing near. She's going to be getting lots of kissipoos from her aunt Mandy!