Monday, May 5, 2008
We need your help!
OK, I need your opinions here... especially those of you who have kids, but I'd love them all. We've been debating about what we should do for our housing situation when we move to Wichita. We know we won't have trouble making mortgage payments (mostly because I'm currently saying no to Ian's dreams of a 14-bedroom house...), but the down payment part is tricky. We're trying to figure out if we should (A) plan to rent for a couple months and work on saving like crazy, (B) do something like 6 months and then buy or (C) just plan to rent for the first year. That whole baby thing also complicates things. I told Ian there's no way I'm moving any closer to our due date than about 3 weeks before. Renting for 6 months would mean we'd be moving with a 2 month old. Crazy? I kinda think so, but who knows? It would stink a bit to rent for yet another year, but at least we'd be able to get settled in someplace we plan to be for a (little) while before the baby comes. What should we do? Discuss. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not good with financial advice but I can give some pregnant/baby advice. I promise, you will not feel like moving after you are 6 months pregnant. Don't try it. Also, I can promise you will not feel like moving when the baby is 1,2, or 3 months. Don't even try it. If you were to choose one of those two evils, though, I would move while pregnant (but, you have no idea how your body is going to be handling things at that point). The worst would be after the baby is born. You don't reach a point where sleep begins to regulate and your schedule can include much beyond feeding, rocking, changing, etc until around 3 months. (meaning, no time to pack, look for a house, etc)So, basically..... I say bite the bullet and buy a house now, get settled and be ready when baby comes. :)
Post a Comment