Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Back to work!

I have a job! Hooray! I'm actually going to be a counselor. I was beginning to wonder whether or not that was going to work out for me. I'm going to be working at an agency that serves low-income families in some of the rural towns around Charlotte. I'll probably be seeing a mix of kids, adolescents and adults for individual and group therapy. I'm very excited... and nervous. I've been frantically reviewing a lot of my textbooks in the past week or so. :) I hope I remember something. I'm really excited just to get out there and start doing something rather than just studying theoretical things. I guess putting theory into practice starts on Monday. Yay!

Tomorrow, Ian and I are going to St. Louis. He's interviewing with a surgical group in Belleville, IL. We have some good friends who live in Belleville - and it's in the STL metro area - so it would be an exciting place for us to move. I'm actually not sure if I've ever been to Belleville before, so I'm going to spend some time exploring the town while we're there. It's hard to believe that a quarter of our time in Charlotte has already passed. I think this year will go very quickly. I really hope it works out for us to move to St. Louis. It would be so nice to have a move that is just exciting without the nervousness of moving to a city where we don't know anyone or anything. I think it would be such a different transition than the ones we've had before. Anyway, cart before the horse... So, Ian has an interview. :) It'll be a full weekend, but we're looking forward to squeezing in some time with St. Louis friends while we're there. It's been about 2 years since we were there for fun. (My mom had a surgery there last December and I came in for that, but it didn't really feel like a visit, since I spent most of that time in the hospital with her.) I'm not sure that we've even been by Wash U since our wedding. It'll be fun to see all the new things. It seems like there's always construction going on there.

Now, I have to get packing. I'll make sure to update you all on Ian's job search and my transition into the real world of counseling. Until then...
It's important to know that words don't move mountains. Work, exacting work moves mountains. - Danilo Dulci

2 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you. You are so warm and easy to talk to, Mae; you're going to be awesome for all those families! What are your schedules like on Thurs and Fri evening? My dad will be here this weekend so we wouldn't be able to make it on Sat or Sun. Maybe we could meet half way for dinner some night though....let me know.

Joe said...

Congratulations! The first one's got to be the hardest one. From now on you'll have "experience." And good luck with Belleville. They actually have a sports clinic there that's hiring PAs. Hmmmm....